Friday, April 30, 2010

Small Business Talks


I was asked to go to the Shelter on Wednesday to join Lenovo Small Business Talks in order to discuss my soon to be launched business (Sepia Vintage). It was supposed to be an informal round table discussion with other entrepreneurs and people from Mohd Bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders. What I was surprised to find out minutes before the event started was that I was the 2nd speaker after Mohd Al Awadhi from the very successful Wild Peeta brothers then followed by Khadija from SME!! I didn't even have time to panic or more importantly prepare!!

Mohd Al Awadhi gave an excellent speech as expected followed by a very intensive and informative Q&A session. After that I got up to face the 20 something crowd without having any idea what the next sentence coming out of my mouth would be, but I did it anyway and boy was I pleased with the feedback I got from everyone.

What most got me excited was the fact that this was the very first time I publicly spoke about Sepia.. I did not know what to expect but was extremely happy to hear all the positive feedback & useful advice from everyone.

Thank you Amouni for inviting me to this event and most importantly thank you Lena & Dana for being part of the birth of Sepia.

No comments: