Saturday, March 28, 2009

When it rains here :)

I've lived and been to many parts of the world where ppl consider rain a gray and gloomy day that initiates complaints and grumpiness .... But not here.

Rain in this part of the world is prayed & hoped for and celebrated in a way like nowhere else..

Since rain is so rare kids would skip school and go out to play in the rain.. guys would find silly and obvious excuses to leave work or uni in order to enjoy the weather by taking their sand buggies to the desert.. girls would take long drives in their cars with Mohd Abdu music playing "Unshoodat Al Ma6ar" out laud with a cup of hot karak tea in their hands ... These are the rituals of "rainy days".

So although it took me over 2 hours to reach work today as I couldn't skip it I sat in my car with the music playing all those songs that makes me feel a teenager all over again and considered it as my own little rainy day trip just like the old days ..





No comments: