Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Working in the DIFC is a treat for the eye

I normally come to work 1-2 hours before my work starts in order to avoid traffic, go to the gym and get my hair done or in some cases just have some quite me time alone in the nearly empty building..

Lately many of the designers boutiques, chic cafes and restaurants & world class art galleries in DIFC's Gate village has opened like Nina Ricci, Vivian Westwood, Tsumori Chisato, Anya Handmarch, Dries Van Noten, Issey Miyake, Jil Sanders, Marni, Zuma, Opera, Cuadro & Empty Quarter Art gallery and soon Prada, miu miu "& Laduree and many others..

To add on top of that the outdoor sculptures and and art pieces that makes you feel like you're in an outdoor museum..

So coming to work in itself has become like a short visit to a museum or a chic shopping district in one of the art and fashion capitals of the world .. I'm so blessed and I should never take that for granted.. ever..











3 comments:

mimi said...

Hi, Hope it's not too much trouble to know if Laduree is still open there? I never saw it, and I want to try their macaroons :( Could you please tell me where I can find it. Thanks :)

YaZ said...

I no longer work in DIFC but the project is cancelled and it's supposed to open in Dubai Mall from what I've heard...

mimi said...

Dubai Mall? Great! :) Thanks so much for your help, YaZ!